Sunday 12 April 2020

Nature and Abigail

Chicks, Easter Chick, Easter, Yellow, Fluffy, Cute

Today my family and I went on a little walk around the block and were trying to notice nature all around us. What helped me focus on that was taking out my camera and recording animals, plants, and trees. I was grateful for the nature that God has given to everyone on earth and it made me wonder how heaven looks. 

Every living thing will be in heaven, including the plants and trees. Nature will be everywhere. The only difference between heaven and earth will be that heaven will look like Spring all of the time. The scriptures clearly tell us "...not a hair on your head will be lost" (Luke 21:18) and so will it be with the plants, trees, and animals. Not a leaf, branch, hair, feather, nor piece of fur be lost.

But how does this relate to Abigail?

Abigail's body was like all of ours. Imperfect. Jesus Christ's body was imperfect as well, but his spirit was completely perfect. So is Abigail's. I know Abigail is beautiful because all of the love she brought me.

We visited Abigail's grave after the walk and my mom told everyone to tell Abigail what we would give her when she is resurrected. Of course my mom stole the best one: "I will give you a hug and cry" so when it was my turn I responded, "What she said". 

I'm not just going to give her a hug, I'm going to give her a really big, brotherly, bear hug. When I cry, I'm going to cry a lot. And they won't be sad tears.

They will be joyful ones.

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing, Sam. I envision heaven just as you do, and I can picture that hug you will give your sister...God’s love lives in us!

    ReplyDelete