Sunday 12 April 2020

Abigail's First Easter



 Spring has sprung in Abigail's Garden.

Today as part of our Easter celebration, we listened to Andrea Bocelli and then to The Tabernacle Choir.

Then, per five-year-old Daniel's idea, we took plates of candy to neighbors.



Later we had home church. Bill spoke about the Savior's last week, ending with the resurrection on Easter Sunday. We took the sacrament in remembrance of Jesus' body and his blood, which was shed for us.

Then it was time for a walk, noticing the early signs of spring as we went. It was beautiful but cold.




Then we drove to the cemetery to visit Abigail's grave. We are still waiting on one more stone and a marble vase before it can be properly marked.


It was still cold, so we stayed close to keep warm.







 We sat around her grave and we told her what we would do with her after the resurrection when we see her again. Daddy almost made me cry when he said he would dance with her. 🌷❤️🦉


When we got home, Corbin promptly zonked out.



I'm grateful for family and for the promise of eternity and eternal connection. I thank my Savior for descending below all men so that He could succor me in all my suffering. I am truly comforted that He knows and has felt what I'm feeling now. And that His effectual aid extends beyond the grave to our ultimate resurrection.



Happy Easter, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment