Sunday 21 June 2020

Seeking Joy, Choosing Light (GoFundMe Update4)

We went to the local pond yesterday instead of the organized field trip to the lake because I wasn't strong enough to take the kids on an adventure without my husband and he had work during that time. I'm grateful he works from home and was able to take us all to the local pond for a half hour during lunch, just long enough to watch everyone shiver in the cold water, tread water, and brave the rope swing! There is still joy in our lives, in the midst of unknown causes of mysterious health problems and missing Abigail every day.

We are so grateful to God for you. If we had known from the start the hospital was going to discount our final amount due so much, we probably would have tried to cover all the costs of Abigail's birth and our emergency care ourselves. Like most people, we don't love asking for help. But if we had known from the start, then we would not have asked our friend Mike to help us tell Abigail's story in a short, sweet video that sums up a lifetime in just a few minutes. We wouldn't have shared this so widely, and all of the thousands of people who watched Abigail's video would have missed out.

We also would have missed out on knowing what incredibly kind and generous people we have surrounding us in this moment.

My dad meeting Abigail

I think God meant for this to happen. All of it. Sometimes I almost think I understand, though I can only see a small part of the grand plan. I know He loves us. I know there's more to life than what we see. I have found a reason to choose the light every day. That's the miracle of Abigail for me and our family. We choose light because it's where Abigail rests. We choose light because it's the home of our someday reunion.

God bless you in your own challenges as you choose light over darkness, kindness over isolation, and hope over despair. May God be with you in peace and joy!


GoFundMe for Medical Costs

No comments:

Post a Comment