Wednesday 17 June 2020

Completion (GoFundMe Update3)

Phew, I just turned in my final literature review and the last assignment in my Neuroscience Advanced Writing class! I am done with another class! Pre-paper, my grade is 99% so I'm feeling pretty hopeful for an A in the class.

Since I'm closing the book, so to speak, on this class, I put all of the studies I read for the final paper into a binder. This doesn't include the online textbook reading I also did. Even though I wouldn't put this class up there with Biology and Chemistry in terms of difficulty, it was a challenge to read and interpret the data I chose to write about. I am just as relieved to see this class come to a close as I was excited about it beginning.

I hoped that studying neural tube defects after Abigail died from one would be therapeutic, and it definitely has been. It's also been extremely emotional at times, as all therapeutic treatments are. I had a mini health crisis in the middle of the term, but fortunately it wasn't on a day we had class. Doing it all online, thanks to Covid-19, actually saved me from having to travel by myself thirty-five minutes each way after a fainting episode of unknown cause. I don't know if Fall semester will be online, too, but I'm grateful at least that this term and next term are online.

I was also added yesterday to a Facebook support group for survivors of AFE (amniotic fluid embolism). The first thing I did was look up "vasovagal syncope" to see if it was something commonly experienced by AFE survivors. I was actually relieved when I found that others had similar experiences. I have a lot to process now because I've been warned that Sheehan's Syndrome is common after AFE. I already knew from my own scary experience losing consciousness that I would need to be aware of my nutrient levels, particularly electrolytes. This was a heads up that hormone levels may also be an issue. I am hoping vitamins will help my body to start regulating its own hormones so I won't need to supplement with synthetic hormones.

Who knew this experience would make me an expert in so many little known diseases? 😊

Our GoFundMe campaign to cover our medical expenses has been going so well, thanks to the generosity of so many new and old friends, family, and even a few friends of friends. Your kindness and gifts have blessed us in two ways: 1) the financial relief which cannot be overstated! and 2) the emotional relief to see such love expressed. We know we are not alone in this, the most difficult experience of our lives. Thank you!

We stand at $3,614 raised with GoFundMe and $129 donated outside.

That means we still need $1,329 to reach our goal and pay all the medical bills. Please consider sharing this fundraiser link:

https://gf.me/u/x7ftk4

I'll close by sharing a few pictures of the flowers blooming in Abigail's memorial garden in our front yard right now.

yellow snapdragon

pink and white begonias

purple violas

a budding white shasta daisy


No comments:

Post a Comment