Saturday 13 June 2020

Almost Touching (GoFundMe Update2)

Woot! We just cleared $3,000! THANK YOU! We are now 3/5 of the way to our goal of $5,072. That's math I like to do!

Keep sharing, my friends! We are optimistic about reaching our goal in just a few weeks!


Last night, after everyone was in bed, I drove to the cemetery to put more water in the vase by Abigail's grave. I love to run my fingers over the laser-engraved imprint of her actual footprints (bigger than actual size, but exactly the right shape and lines). Of course nothing can replace actually getting to squeeze her squishy little one-of-a-kind left foot. It was my favorite. We called it her baby doll foot.

Yesterday and today I've been working on revision of my literature review about neural tube defects like the anencephaly that affected Abigail. Next week I will turn it in as my final for the class. It has been incredible to learn much of the science and the mysteries behind the miracle of embryonic development. Babies are miracles, every single one. That so much went right with Abigail's growth and development is a miracle, one we are still celebrating. I hope I get to be part of finding answers to lingering questions. It's a struggle worth giving in this life that's worth living.

Thank you again for your role in our story!

No comments:

Post a Comment