Wednesday 11 November 2020

A Year From Abigail's Anencephaly Diagnosis

Here, in pictures, is my path on campus to my one in-person class.
I'm thankful today for professors, guidance counselors, and teaching assistants whose personal interest in my success has buoyed me up through what has been the most difficult year of my life. 
November 8 marks a year from the day we received the fatal prognosis of our first daughter's anencephaly. 💔
I still remember going to class the next time after and staying after class to tell my neurobiology professor about the anencephaly diagnosis. She hugged me and gave me the best comfort she could have given me about the reality of my daughter's spirit despite this birth defect.
Since then I have received nothing but support from every teacher. It hasn't always meant a good grade in the class or an easy time. It hasn't meant that at all. 
But it has meant shared humanity and kindness and shared growth. I'm grateful for that. 🦋🦉🌻🌷☀️

No comments:

Post a Comment